It will soon be time for Britons to crack open something sparkling and sing Auld Lang Syne, but not before we reveal which Money Observer stories were our readers’ favourites in 2019.
While our newsletter sign-up page was among the most popular of the year, we have mined our data to reveal the most-read online articles published between 1 January 2019 and 29 December 2019.
While we know that our readers seek out content on all thing investment-related, including articles on shares, pensions, and investment trusts and funds, which stories came out on top?
Without further ado, and in reverse order, here are the 20 most popular online stories of 2019.
20) Money Observer Fund Awards 2019: the winners
19) Neil Woodford: best time to buy UK shares in three decades
18) There are 59 ‘dog’ funds: does your Isa contain any?
17) The world’s top 10 dividend-paying companies
16) Top 10 most popular investment funds: monthly round-up. Click here for the latest update.
15) Money Observer’s 12 Model Portfolios revamped for 2019
14) 10 investment funds to buy and hold for 30 to 40 years
13) Six investment trusts that pay a monthly income
12) Money Observer Investment Trust Awards 2019: the winners
11) How to generate a £10,000 income: 2019’s investment trust picks
10) Three months after the suspension, how is Woodford Equity Income getting on?
9) How to create a £10,000 income: three Rated Fund portfolios
8) State pension rule change could lead to unexpected financial shock in retirement
7) Best savings account rates: weekly update
6) 10 shares to give you a £10,000 annual income in 2019
5) How to generate a sustainable monthly income from your investments
4) Labour’s WASPI pledge: how much compensation will be received and how will it be funded?
3) UK share tips for 2019: six stocks for growth and income investors
2) New tax year 2019/2020: tax and personal allowance changes
1) 10 high-yielding shares in the FTSE 100: how safe are their dividends?