Money Observer takes the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. It is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that Personal Information held by us is processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the requirements of all applicable legislation including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We will take all necessary steps to implement this policy. All our employees and data processors who have access to Personal Information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. If you have any concerns regarding this policy you should contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent.
We have also established the following principles:
- We will continue to invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy.
- We will respect your email privacy. You will only receive email from Money Observer if it is directly relevant to your subscription status, or if you have signed up for email newsletters and something we strongly feel is relevant happens in between the bi-weekly editions (for example, notes on how the Chancellor’s budget speech will affect investors).
- We will not pass on any individual user details unless we have your prior consent. We never pass on your telephone or email address, we ask for those so that we are able to communicate with you regarding your subscription.
Your data will need to be transferred to the secure server at Time Sensitive Express Systems in Canada who we have chosen to process data on our behalf. We will ensure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure your Personal Information is processed and retained in a secure manner which is equivalent to those required within the EEA.
Should you not wish your personal data to be transferred to Time Sensitive Express Systems please let us know by sending an email message to: email@example.com
Sometimes we might use the information to let you know about changes to the functionality of our website, services or offers that you might find interesting. If you do not wish to receive this information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that your information is up-to-date or to request that we delete your information from our records please send an email to: email@example.comWhat information do we collect?
We collect information about new subscribers to enable us to post copies of the magazine and communicate effectively about their subscription to Money Observer.
Some advertising on the site is served by third parties such as Doubleclick. Occasionally, these third parties will serve cookies on your browser - for instance to gauge the effectiveness of a particular advertisement. This will not enable these third parties to access your personal details.
How does Money Observer protect customer information?
We take all reasonable care in the collection, storage, processing and disclosure of your personal data and have implemented internal security procedures to minimise the risk that unauthorised parties will be able to access and misuse the information. However, the internet is an open medium and we cannot guarantee that any information you send to us by email or via our website will not be intercepted or tampered with.
Will Money Observer disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Money Observer will share personal information with carefully selected third parties in order to maintain the service and to other businesses within our Group for the purpose of informing you of other financial product and services. We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others unless you have given us your permission.
Also, Money Observer may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. Money Observer follows the relevant legal requirements and uses all reasonable precautions to ensure only responsible third parties see the information.
We regard our databases of customer information (which will include your Personal Information) as a valuable asset. Should we sell or transfer any of our business assets this may include the sale or transfer of such databases of information to third parties. In addition, such a transfer or sale may mean that your Personal Information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
You have the following rights (unless exemptions apply), which can be exercised by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the details provided below.
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- to access personal information held about you and to obtain a copy of it;
- to prevent any processing of a record of personal data that is causing or is likely to cause unwarranted and substantial damage or distress to you or another individual;
- to obtain the rectification or completion of records of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data and to request its erasure under certain circumstances. We will not be able to erase personal data where we have a legal obligation to retain such data;
- in certain circumstances, to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly-used and machine readable format and the right to transmit that data to another data controller without hindrance, or to have that personal data transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible; and
- to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being shared with a supervisory authority.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information please contact us by writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
Interactive Investor Services Limited
Leeds, LS1 4AX